John 4:35 (NIV)
Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.
Matthew 9:37-38 (NIV)
Then He said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into His harvest field.”
Can I challenge your thoughts today?
Matthew 13:39 explains the “harvest is the end of the age,” and the angels will be the harvesters/reapers.
1 Corinthians 3:9 mentions we are “co-workers in God’s service.”
We are the workers, the laborers.
Jesus has planted the good seed (Reference Matthew 13:37). And if we have been “hired” by Him to work in His field, then what are we supposed to be doing?
In the natural, a wheat field will need these things:
- Fertilizer for the soil, to ensure proper growth.
- Water, which transports the nutrients throughout the plant, enabling the growth.
- Pest and Disease Control.
Spiritually, what does this look like to you? And then how do we apply it to our lives, and in our work for God?
Let’s discuss this…
If you believe this to be true, then:
- What are you doing? Are you working? In what way?
- Are you praying that the Lord of the harvest would send out more workers into His harvest field?
- How will you choose to accept your co-workers? (Reference Matthew 20:1-16)
Linking up with Equipping Godly Women, Missional Call, Serving Joyfully, Purposeful Faith, Wise Woman Linkup, Front Porch Conversations, Thought-Provoking Thursday, Faith Filled Friday, and Fellowship Fridays